All-on-4 Dental Implants in Bedford
According to a study conducted from 1999 to 2004 by the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, 10% of adults aged 50-64 are fully edentulous (no remaining teeth) and the majority of those patients (90%) choose traditional/removable dentures. However, these patients are not combating one of the most detrimental side effects of tooth loss, jawbone resorption. The only way to prevent jawbone resorption is to replace the entire tooth from the root up, and one of the fastest, most effective, budget friendly ways to replace a full row of teeth from the root up is All-on-4 dental implants. A longitudinal study conducted by researchers at the Mayo Clinic Lisbon concluded in 2011 that up to 98% of All-on-4 patients retained their dental implants after ten years.
What is All-on-4?
All-on-4 is a unique way of positioning a minimal number of dental implants to offer patients maximum support. As the name indicates, the procedure is typically completed with just 4 dental implant posts. One set of two posts supports the front of the prosthetic, and the set is placed vertically into the front of the jawbone. A second set of at least two (sometimes patients need more than two due to jaw size) posts is placed at an angle from the back of the mouth into the front of the jawbone. Because there are fewer incisions, the jaw heals more quickly, and with regular checkups over the next several weeks to ensure patients heal properly, a semi-permanent smile restoration can be placed the same day as the All-on-4 implants. After around six months, when the gums are fully healed and the implants have fused to the jawbone, we create a final, titanium-enforced set of teeth at no additional cost.
What are the Benefits of All-on-4 Dental Implants?
- Fast – Many patients are able to receive a set of semi-permanent replacement teeth on the same day as their implants, and the entire procedure is typically completed within an hour. That means patients have a brand new set of teeth in just one appointment.
- Effective – All-on-4 implants offer patients the structure and stability of a healthy, natural smile with just 4 implants, and are proven long-lasting by a recent longitudinal study.
- Easy to care for – Unlike dentures, All-on-4 implant supported dental prosthetics can be cared for just like regular teeth. Patients continue brushing and flossing as usual.
- Safe – Because there are fewer incision sites, no need for bone grafting, and shorter healing periods, All-on-4 dentures are very safe for patients.
- Budget friendly – With only 4 implant posts to place, All-on-4 dentures are significantly more affordable when compared to traditional dental implants.
Find Out More
If you’re interested in replacing a full row of missing teeth with All-on-4 dental implants, contact Maegan Elam, DDS & Associates for a consultation in our state-of-the-art Bedford, TX dental office.